Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Material, screws and glue

Today I will get my first material batch. It will be calibrated 21 x 92 mm Latvian pine (it could be equivalent to yellow pine) stock for the mould frames. Plans call for 3/4" x 3-3/4" material, well, this is quite close. After all, plans also say that one should use material that is available at one's local home depot. That is exactly what I do. As long as all pieces are equal size, who cares of the actual size.

Searched some info on local portals - most guys use stainless steel screws. Initially I wanted to go for brass but that's ~24LVL/100pcs for 5x40 round head screws. 5x40 flat heads not easily available at all. Now lookin for stainless steel alternative.

Glue - some of my neighbour builders used Kleiberit pulyurethane foam glue. Me still thinking...

1 comment: